Biking in The New Forest
There can be few other places in England where the ancient landscape has remained so unchanged. When William The Conqueror named the area his "new hunting forest", little could he imagine that nearly 1000 years later his "Nova Foresta" would still retain its mystery and romance.
The New Forest is a fantastic place for cycling with miles and miles of traffic free tracks leading you right into the heart of the forest with few hills to worry about. With its amazing fauna and flora it is the right place for a weekend break.
Highlights: Miles and miles of quality trails free of traffic. Amazing variety of wild species, ponies and wild deer. Great English pubs, local specialties and refreshing ales. Historic villages and typical thatched cottages. Traditionally brewed cider from the heart of The New Forest.
By train: To get to The New Forest travel to Brockenhurst from London Waterloo station
Accommodation (if needed)
Recommended Bike route & Sights & Where to eat
| CIRCULAR BIKE ROUTE: From Brockenhurst via Burley and back|
Take a train to Brockenhurst where you can hire a bike from Cyclexperience (www.newforestcyclehire.co.uk). Bike to Burley, small village in The New Forest. Visit famous Cider brewery and shop (www.newforestcider.co.uk) and treat yourself with a satisfying Sunday roast at Queen's Head restaurant.
Where to eat: Queen's Head in Burley
Our pictures (New Forest)
What to take with you on your adventures & Travel necessities
|IN MY BAG I SHOULD HAVE... click here||A couple of tips from Minty on what to take with you. And remember: "He who would travel happily must travel light" (Antoine de Saint-Exupery).|
Any questions? Ask those who have already been there!
You may also like
- Outdoor England & Wales
- Cornwall - Where the Land's End
- The best of Isle of Wight
- Sunny Dorset & World Heritage Jurassic Coast (weekend trip)
- Snowdonia National Park, Snowdon (North Wales)
- Lake District National Park (Keswick, Catbells)
- Lake District National Park (Glenridding, Helvellyn)
- Lake District National Park (Honister Via Ferrata)
- Peak District National Park
- Isle of Wight on the bike
- Biking in The New Forest
- Seven Sisters (Seven Sisters Country Park), Eastbourne, Brighton
- Sunny Dorset & World Heritage Jurassic Coast (one day trip)
- Horse riding in The New Forest
- Western Riding in The New Forest
- Independent guide to London
- Prague & Czech Republic